This is a great opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic Accounts Officer to join our small, professional and committed team. Working within the Finance Team and other council staff, you will provide timely, accurate and effective duties in both accounts receivable and accounts payable duties.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- A proven track record of performance in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge of and technical expertise in administrative procedures
- A collaborative working style and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Tech-savvy with a demonstrated expertise in the use of computer software
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight time frames.
- Exceptional standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- An energetic and goal-oriented attitude.
Experience in a high work load office environment is a plus, as well as skills, attitude and a great sense of humor.
If you would like to be part of our team and have the skills and capabilities suited to this role, we welcome your application.
A full position description and application for employment can be obtained below or at the Customer Service Centre, 36 Weld Street, Hokitika. A cover letter and a copy of your current CV, along with the completed application form is required.
Applications are to be marked “Confidential” and emailed to email@example.com
General Information regarding Job Vacancies
When you join the Westland District Council, you become part of a team who work hard to deliver a high level of service to the ratepayers and residents of the District.
Our district is growing as more and more people recognise the benefit of making this fabulous lifestyle destination their home. If you are looking for a career opportunity where the work you do has a real positive impact on the community, then you have come to the right place.
For further enquiries, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council is an equal opportunity employer.