Skip to main content

Alcohol licensing

Hawkers and mobile shops

Anyone wanting to operate as a hawker (selling goods door to door) or mobile shop is required to obtain a permit to trade first. Complete the application below to apply for a permit.

Conditions and trading restrictions

This activity is controlled by the Trading in Public Places Bylaw. Council may impose conditions on any permit granted such as:
  • Time
  • Duration
  • Location 
  • Type of goods for sale

Application fees

Application fees can be found in our fees and charges under LGA activities.

You can pay online, over the counter at our service centre or by calling us on 0800 474 834.

Completed forms

Completed forms can be returned to or posted to Westland District Council, Private Bag 704, Hokitika 7842.

Contact us

If you have any questions, please contact or call us on 0800 474 834 and ask to speak to a Compliance Officer.