The Trustpower/Westland District Community Awards
These awards are advertised in June each year.
Trustpower, in partnership with the Westland District Council, recognise voluntary organisations and groups in the Westland District that dedicate hours of voluntary time and energy every year to making the Westland District community a better place to live.
The Trustpower Westland District Community Awards are NOT GRANTS. They are intended to recognise and provide some reward for the valuable contribution made by voluntary organisations and groups to the community in the Westland District.
There are five different categories as follows:
1. Heritage and Environment.
Improve and revitalize the local environment, culture or heritage in the Westland District.
2. Health and Wellbeing.
Provide services, while enhancing the social wellbeing of people within the Westland District.
3. Arts and Culture.
Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities or improve the community culture in the Westland District.
4. Sports and Leisure.
Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits in the Westland District.
5. Educational and Child/Youth Development.
Improve and enhance the educational and social development of children and youth in the Westland District.
- Promotional grants for the promotion of Westland District.
- Discretionary Community grants throughout the Westland District.
- Creative New Zealand grants.
Rural Travel Fund
The Rural Travel Fund was launched by Sport New Zealand in response to concerns raised by Territorial Authorities about the lack of participation in sports by young people living in rural communities.
The Rural Travel Fund subsidises travel for junior teams participating in local sports competitions outside of school time.
Sport New Zealand provides Rural Travel Funding to Territorial Authorities that have less than 10 people per square kilometre, and who wish to participate in the Rural Travel Fund. Those Territorial Authorities then provide the funding to junior teams, and administer the funding.
More information can be found at the following website: Rural NZ Travel Fund
For further details regarding the Council grants, please contact the Community Services Officer.
Funding can also be sourced from the following groups:
- West Coast Community Trust
- Creative New Zealand Grants
- Rural Communities Trust
- Tindall Foundation
- Department of Internal Affairs - Grants Online
- Trustpower Lend a Hand Foundation
- Community Organisation Grants Scheme
- givUS (formerly FundView) and givME (formerly BreakOut) Databases - Westland District Library
- West Coast Amateur Sports Trust trading as Development West Coast Amateur Sports Trust