- Promotional grants for the promotion of Westland District. Advertised as they become available.
- Creative New Zealand grants. Advertised March and August on the website.
Please contact the Community Development Advisor regarding available grants:
DDI +64 3 756 9047 firstname.lastname@example.org
About Creative New Zealand grants
The Creative Communities Scheme is a fund aimed at supporting arts activities that celebrate Westland culture, community involvement, and celebrating our diversity, particularly Toi Māori/Māori Arts.
You can discuss your ideas for arts project/s anytime with the Co-ordinator Sarah Brown email@example.com
Twice a year (March/April and August/September) Westland processes applications for funding from the Creative Communities Scheme, which are allocated by the Westland Creative Communities Committee.
Creative New Zealand sets the criteria, and provide the standard application form and guide.
The three main funding criteria are:
- Broad community involvement – the project will create opportunities for our local communities to engage with and participate in arts activities.
- Diversity – the project will support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of our local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
- Young people – the project will enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with and actively participate in the arts.
The committee usually grants up to or around $2000 for a project (although this can vary depending on how many applications there are).
Impact of COVID-19
All applications and those considering future projects are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with the Covid-19 Alert Levels and refer to the latest updates when planning arts activities. Although we are currently at Alert Level 1, we advise planning for alternatives and contingency planning for different alert levels. In particular, please note what the requirements are at any particular date for the size of gatherings, and what health and safety measures should be taken for events.
Rural Travel Fund
The Rural Travel Fund was launched by Sport New Zealand in response to concerns raised by Territorial Authorities about the lack of participation in sports by young people living in rural communities.
The Rural Travel Fund subsidises travel for junior teams participating in local sports competitions outside of school time.
Sport New Zealand provides Rural Travel Funding to Territorial Authorities that have less than 10 people per square kilometre, and who wish to participate in the Rural Travel Fund. Those Territorial Authorities then provide the funding to junior teams, and administer the funding.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR 2019: https://www.westlanddc.govt.nz/sport-nz-rural-travel-fund-2019
More information can be found at the following website: Rural NZ Travel Fund
For further details regarding the Council grants, please contact the Community Services Officer.
Funding can also be sourced from the following groups:
- West Coast Community Trust
- Creative New Zealand Grants
- Rural Communities Trust
- Tindall Foundation
- Department of Internal Affairs - Grants Online
- Trustpower Lend a Hand Foundation
- Community Organisation Grants Scheme
- givUS (formerly FundView) and givME (formerly BreakOut) Databases - Westland District Library
- West Coast Amateur Sports Trust trading as Development West Coast Amateur Sports Trust
- Warmer Kiwi Homes