Summary of the Audit and Risk Committee meeting, 7 May 2020
- The Committee received the minutes of the 17 March meeting.
- Quarterly Financial Report
Lesley Crichton, Group Manager, Corporate Services and Emma Rae, Strategy and Communications Advisor spoke to the report.
- Council has drawn down $1 million in short term debt funding from LGFA following treasury advice from PwC. This is to be repaid by 28 May.
- Forecast debt balance could be overstated. Council has completed all the budgeted work, therefore it is likely the debt balance will be less than forecast at the end of the financial year.
The Committee received the Quarter 3 Financial Report as at 31 March 2020.
- Audit Management Report
Lesley Crichton Group Manager, Corporate Services spoke to the report.
- Advised that since the report was written, District Assets have provided their comments on their topics and these will be included in the response to Audit New Zealand.The Committee received the update on Audit recommendations for the year ended 30 June 2019.
- Health and safety report
Te Aroha Cook, Regulatory Services Manager provide a verbal report.
- Covid-19 has impacted on the business with most staff working from home during Level 4 and no inspections or unnecessary works taking place. Any staff in the office kept appropriate physical distancing.
- Appropriate PPE equipment has been provided throughout the organisation. Regulatory team members involved in inspections from Level 3 have guidelines to ensure social distancing and health and safety for staff who are out in the community.
The committee received the oral report on Health and Safety.