Council is required to promote the sustainable management of the district's natural and physical resources.
This is undertaken through the investigation and monitoring, and the preparation of a District Plan. Local communities are consulted throughout these processes.
The District Plan outlines policies and specifies how the policies will be implemented. This can include the provision of rules, which may require people to carry out their activities in accordance with these rules, or to apply for a resource consent. Other methods of implementing plan policies are monitoring and investigations, financial incentives, and education and advocacy.
The District Plan can be viewed at the Westland District Council Office or the Library, during normal working hours.
The Ministry for the Environment has provided a series of publications on everyday matters relating to the Resource Management Act 1991 and resource consent processes.
The guides can be viewed at http://www.mfe.govt.nz/publications/rma/everyday.
Resource Consent Fees
Please refer to the current Annual Plan for Fees and Charges.
The following application forms for Resource Consent are available:
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Mining Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Vegetation Clearance - Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application form and Assessment of Environment Effect (Dwelling in Rural Zone – Land Use).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Subdivision).
- Resource Consent Application Form and Assessment of Environmental Effects (Commercial Activity in the Rural Zone).
- Request to Review Decisions on Administrative Discounts
If you require the approval of persons likely to be affected by a Resource Consent, the following form will need to be completed by each person so affected.
The following report is available:
- Report on Aviation Noise and Public Health Issues Associated with the Aviation Industry in South Westland.
The following applications have been limited notified:
- Resource Consent 160034: Tuffy Investments Limited : Non-Complying Land Use: Camp Ground: Davie Street, Hokitika
The following is a listing of Resource Consents:
Transfer of Mining Functions to West Coast Regional Council
As of Tuesday 1st of August 2017, all Westland District Council mining functions have been transferred to West Coast Regional Council.
What this means is that all enquiries, compliance concerns and applications for mining resource consents need to be directed to West Coast Regional Council as follows:
Consents and Compliance Manager
PO Box 66, Greymouth 7840
388 Main South Road
Tel. 03 768 0466 ext 236
For more information contact the Council.