The 2018-2028 Long Term Plan, Annual Plans and Annual Reports, and Bylaws and Policies are available here.
Responses to requests under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act dating from November 2019 onwards are available on this page. You will also find statistics about LGOIMA requests by month.
Council Delegations Manual
The Long Term Plan 2015 to 2025
The District Plan provides a regulatory process for implementing policies prepared under Council's LTCCP and Activity Management Plans and under the Resource Management Act. The Council's intent of the District Plan is to provide for a vibrant District that provides for its natural and cultural environment and appropriately utilises Council infrastructure.
The first part of the District Plan sets out the key objectives of the Plan and the policies to achieve those objectives. The District is then divided into "Policy Units" or zones, which outline specific performance standards in set communities within Westland. There are also rules that apply across all zones listed in Part 6 and 8. Subdivision similarly has its own section. The Plan usually states what is a "permitted activity", which is what can be undertaken without a consent. If an activity is not permitted then the District Plan outlines what status that activity will have and what matters the proposal will be assessed against.
District Councils are currently required to ensure that each section of the Operative District Plan is reviewed once every 10 years. It is also very useful to continually review the District Plan to ensure that the values and provisions of the Plan reflect the aspirations of the community. The current District Plan has been Operative since June 2002 and subsequently the Westland District Council has begun a review of the current District Plan provisions to achieve the ten year statutory deadline.
An Issues and Options paper has been produced by the Planning and Regulatory Committee in response to feedback received. This paper seeks to summarise the key points from the initial stage of consultation into key resource management issues and sets out options to begin to address these issues. This paper is set at a high level and is intended to be a starting point for public comments and debate.
If you have a question about the Plan, please contact one of the Council Planners on 03 756 9010 or contact the Council.
View the District Plan.
The following is Council's Procurement Strategy Document developed on 4 October 2010.
Procurement Strategy Document.
The following documents are available:
2014 to 2015
- 2014/2015 Adopted Annual Report
- 2014/2015 Annual Report Summary
- 2014/2015 Adopted Annual Report
- 2014/2015 Draft Annual Plan
- 2014/2015 Summary Document
2013 to 2014
- 2013/2014 Adopted Annual Report
- 2013/2014 Annual Report Summary
- 2013/2014 Adopted Annual Plan
- 2013/2014 Draft Annual Plan
- 2013/2014 Summary Document
2012 to 2013
2011 to 2012
- 2011/2012 Summary Annual Report
- 2011/2012 Adopted Annual Plan
- 2011/2012 Adopted Annual Report
- 2011/2012 Adopted Fees and Charges
- 2011/2012 Draft Annual Plan
- 2011/2012 Summary Document
- 2011/2012 Feedback Form
2010 to 2011
- 2010/2011 Annual Plan
- 2010/2011 Fees and Charges
- 2010/2011 Annual Report
- 2010/2011 Annual Report Summary
2009 to 2010
- 2009/2010 Annual Report
- 2009/2010 Annual Report Summary
- 2009/2010 Summary Annual Report Web Opinion
- 2009/2019 Long Term Council Community Plan
2008 to 2009
- 2008/2009 Annual Report
- 2008/2009 Annual Report Summary
- 2008/2009 Annual Plan
- 2008/2009 Fees and Charges
2007 to 2008
- 2007/2008 Annual Plan
- 2007/2008 Annual Report
- 2007/2008 Annual Report Summary
- 2007/2008 Fees and Charges
2006 to 2007
2005 to 2006