The Westland District Council has received a Mayors Taskforce for Jobs (MTFJ) allocation of $500,000. While this LGNZ fund has a primary focus on Adolescents and Young Adults employment and helping those young people build employability skills it is also being used to assist small to medium enterprises (SME) and those displaced as a direct result of Covid-19 with a ‘step up’.
The Westland MTFJ is also offering a Youth Employability Programme, which WestREAP will run. This programme will focus on helping Adolescents and Young Adults 16 – 24 year olds Not in Education, Employment, or Training (NEET) to develop a sound foundation for seeking and maintaining employment.
Funding eligibility for Westland District residents:
• New Zealand citizenship/residency.
• NEETs seeking employment and associated training opportunities.
• NEETS wishing to participate in the free Youth Employability Programme.
• SME creating new employment opportunities for local people:
o Casual, seasonal, part-time and full time.
• SME seeking employees for hard to fill positions.
• SME supporting employees to increase hours following Covid-19.
• Employers and apprentices seeking additional funding for apprenticeship trades related costs.
If you are interested in registering for the Mayors Taskforce for Job Community Recovery fund please click the links below:
All other enquiries regarding the MTFJ Community Recovery can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 235 3342
Mayors Taskforce for Jobs Website
To read more about the MTFJ click here to view the official website.