Submissions are open from 8am Thursday 7 May and close at 5pm on Sunday 7 June 2020.
Hearing of submissions will take place on 16 June 2020.
This year we were seeking submissions about the following key consultation items:
- Council’s approach to the Hokitika Ocean Outfall Project
- Civil Defence Emergency Containers
- Increasing funding to the Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Township Development Funds through their Community Rates to assist with projects identified by the Community Associations.
- Taking ownership of the Westland Sports Hub and funding the insurance through the Hokitika Community Rate.
- Releasing funds from the Ross Endowment Land Fund to pay for repairs to the Ross Community Gym and Squash Courts.
How to make a submission
Online You can make your submission online.
Your local Community Contact may be able to assist you if you don’t have access to a scanner. Contact Sarah Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 756 9010 for information about your local Community Contact.
Over the phone If using the online submission form or sending an email is not an option, you can make a submission by calling Council on the number below.
Phone: 03 756 9010
Freephone: 0800 474 834
In person If you make a submission in writing, online, or over the phone, you also have the option to speak to Council during the hearing on 16 June 2020. Tick the box on the submission form, or advise that you would like to speak at the hearing, and we will get in touch with you to discuss how Council will be hearing submissions.