Annual Plan Submissions:
Submissions have now closed.
The consultation period ran from 24 April – 24 May 2019.
This year we were seeking submissions about the following key consultation items:
- Working with Westland Milk Products to build the new Hokitika Ocean Outfall Pipeline.
- Changes to how we structure our dog registration fees.
- Funding ongoing compliance and enforcement activities.
- Transferring maintenance activities for Council buildings, community halls and public toilets to Destination Westland.
- Increasing the grant funding for the Hokitika Regent Theatre.
- Extending the Hokitika Area Promotions rate to all commercially rated properties in the Hokitika district.
- Change the zoning of the Bruce Bay community to create separate community rating zone.
- Provide funding for the Tourism Strategy Group for the 2019/20 financial year.
- Moving footpath maintenance from the Community Rate to the General rate.