District Economic Stimulus Fund (DESF)
Westland District Council are calling for Applications to the District Economic Stimulus Fund. A total of $20,000 is available for allocation.
- Must meet DESF Criteria below.
- Are open from Wednesday 19 May 2021 and will close Monday 21 June 2021.
- Are to be lodged with Westland District Council, Private Bag 704, Hokitika 7842 or emailed to email@example.com
The officer for enquiries is Sarah Brown, Community Development Advisor - 03 7569047
All projects and proposals must:
- Comply with the Objects of the Development West Coast (DWC) Deed of Trust (“the Deed”);
- Provide a minimum of 10% equity pursuant to the Deed;
- Demonstrate how the project will promote employment opportunities and/or generate sustainable economic benefit for the District;
- Demonstrate how the project will support business;
- Must demonstrate leverage of additional funding from other sources;
- Flow via the respective District Council.
The following projects/proposals will not be eligible for DESF Funding:
- Projects that have received other DWC funding;
- Feasibility studies;
- Compliance and regulatory costs (eg. obtaining certification or resource consent);
- Public/community projects, such as:
- Sport and recreational facilities and buildings;
- Community halls;
- Art Galleries;
Priority will be given to applications that:
- Have employment opportunities as a direct effect of the distribution;
- Leverage other funding.