Fire Permits

Permits to burn fires in the open are required in rural areas throughout the year within the West Coast Rural Fire District.

For further information, email the Rural Fire Officer at the Council Office.

Fire Permit Application Form is available for downloading.

Fire Forces Council supports Volunteer Rural Fire Forces in the Westland District through your rates. These forces are located at Kokatahi/Kowhitirangi, Haast and Kaniere.
Fire Permits

Fire restrictions are in force all year round in the West Coast Rural Fire District. Permits are generally needed for all outdoor fires except enclosed incinerators and barbecues.

The Westland District Council is part of the West Coast Rural Fire District, Westland ii zone 5 emergency.

In an emergency, ring 111.

For more information contact the Council.